The CYP Center is closed to public access until further notice.
- Staff members continue to work remotely and are best able to respond by email. Staff can also be reached by phone at (252) 441-0614. Please leave a message and your call will be returned.
- For general CYP-related information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Board & Staff page to find a specific staff member's email.
Children & Youth Partnership for Dare County is currently accepting applications for the position of
Quality Early Learning (QEL) Specialist
Full-time Salary Range: $32,000-$38,000 + benefits
Deadline: November 10, 2020 or until filled
- Coordinates quality enhancement/maintenance in early care and education (ECE) and assists with related services for school-aged education and care
- Promotes QEL by evaluating programs, providing one-on-one technical assistance with on-site modeling, coaching and mentoring, and facilitating digital-based interactions
- Collaborates with community stakeholders to design and implement licensed ECE services and alternatives
- Advocates for quality ECE and related children’s issues at local, state, and national levels
- Possesses excellent oral, written, group facilitation and computer skills
- Required - A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related Human Services field and at least two years of experience as a classroom teacher in an ECE setting
- Must have or be able to attain a Level 11 Early Educator Certification and Technical Assistance Endorsement from the NC Institute for Child Development Professionals
- Previous experience with Environmental Childhood Rating Scales preferred
By uniting to strengthen the positive that already exists, our children, our youth, our families, and our community all thrive.
To connect all children, adolescents, and families with programs and partnerships to ensure they have what they need to thrive.
Children & Youth Partnership (CYP) for Dare County is a private, non-profit organization that connects kids and their families with resources to help them thrive. Created following the second State of the Child Conference in Dare County in 1994, the organization was charged with focusing on issues brought forward at that conference and worked to establish the Wright Place for Youth and the Dare County Youth Center. In 1997, the Partnership began administering North Carolina's nationally recognized Smart Start early childhood program for Dare County, ensuring that all children are ready to succeed upon entering school. Since then, CYP has sponsored three additional State of the Child Conferences to focus work on what all kids need to thrive. Today, CYP works with the help of many community groups, businesses, and individuals to offer a variety of programs and services to ensure the healthy development of all children from birth through adolescence.
Looking for a way to give back in the community? CYP's Family Literacy Program (FLP) is looking for volunteer tutors.
CYP’s Family Literacy Program (FLP) provides home-based tutoring for Latinx children registered in Dare Elementary County. Tutors visit students once a week for about one hour. Sessions consist of helping with students with homework, school projects, and basic literacy skills. Tutors do not need to be able to speak Spanish in order to tutor with the FLP. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to help children and their families secure a better future, find The Family Literacy Program under Our Services or click here to complete a Volunteer Tutor Application.
CYP is honored to serve as the fiscal sponsor for organizations serving essential needs of children and families in our community.
CYP's 2017-2020 strategic plan includes increasing resources for Latinx families.
Sea Change OBX works to build community, develop leadership, encourage cross cultural understanding and promote education with the Dare County Latinx community by offering a variety of innovative learning and leadership models for the entire family. For more information on Sea Change OBX services, please click here.
CYP is excited to announce the Children & Youth Partnership Endowment Fund! Managed by the Outer Banks Community Foundation, this fund is set-aside for our future, so that CYP can continue to provide programs and services that meet the evolving needs of children, youth, and families for generations to come. . . . . read more.